View Single Post
Old 01-01-2006, 09:19 AM   #13
Bighorn
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4626
Harleyrider, from my research the FASS seems to be very dependable. I left my original lift pump in place. Bypassed it to the VP but used the same return. If the FASS fails I can reinstall the original LP with little difficulty.
Rick, I’ve owned 3 CTD and never had any problem with starting except when temps are below zero.
I installed the FASS 150 mostly for filtration. The FASS has an excellent water and air separator. The fuel filter spec is a hydraulic filter and you have a chose down to 3, 5 or 10 micron filtration. I am currently using a 5 micron filter. There is some speculation that the new high pressure fueling systems used in today’s trucks will fail prematurely from damage caused from impurities greater than 5 microns. The hydraulic industry had the same problem when they changed over to high pressure. The FASS pump produces 17 to 15 psi even when I down load a performance setting from the power pup.
I know this is off topic so PM me or check the DTR or TDR for more information about FASS.
Thanks everyone for your response concerning the 2nd AC unit. I think I will call the dealer about the Duo Therm Penguin Heat pump and see if it is compatible with the Montana rough in or the Dometic low-profile with heat strip.

I would like to wish the MOC families a very happy and prosperous NEW YEAR.

Ed & Sherry
Bighorn is offline   Reply With Quote