Thread: Montana 3820 FK
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2016, 05:12 PM   #17
PeteMorris
Established Member

M.O.C. #19208
We have owned a 3820FK for a little over a month now and are truly in love with it. We had it on our short list for about 8 months and had visited and revisited the floor model many many time before committing. Fact is by the time we went to purchase we knew more about it than our salesman did.

My wife is a great cook so the big kitchen was a must for her and quite honestly I benefit from all of gourmet meals prepared. The front window is great viewing, and the booth is truly real large and comfortable. I am 6'2" weight 230 and have 7 to 8 inches between my "gut" and the table. As others have said the table swings for easy access. For washing the front window I bought a squeege on an 3' handle that extends to 8'. Some soapy water in a 5 gallon pail and the window is clean in minutes.

The living room is very spacious and comfortable. We are considering removing one of the love seats from a slide out, and replacing it with a custom built table the will fit the interior. Under the table we will have to dog crates installed for the pups and the table top will act as a home for the bird. That solves vipers concern about lack of room in the bedroom. As the 5th wheel will probably be around a lot longer than the pups everything will be modular so that it can all be returned to original when no longer needed.

A big bathroom with high ceilings so showering is not a task. The bathroom door has a pivot hinge which allows you to open it without blocking off the entire hallway.

The bedroom is large and spacious, and I do love the king bed as opposed to the short queens we have had in the past. We opted for no washer / dryer so there is use of this wardrobe plus there is an 8' long wardrobe which passes behind the tv in the bedroom. So there is no lack of storage.

There is outside access to under the bed which we use for storage, as the bedroom already has all of the inside storage that we could want.

The pass thru storage under the kitchen is not as wide as other RV's but it is still plenty big, and I'm ok with not having the room to carry a ton of "stuff" that we don't ever use.

The biggest drawback to me is the awning. Because you have back to back full slideouts in the living room, you give up a LOT of outside sitting space to a slideout under your awning.

All is all a fantastic RV with a nice floorplan for our needs.
PeteMorris is offline   Reply With Quote