View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 03:58 PM   #17
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
MJCTroy,

I get it when there’s an absolute malfunction. I read your post about that in another thread, and felt bad for you. I know how a freeze-up can feel. (As it happens, I am now also familiar with how overheating feels.)

I empathized with the folks with real problems.

What my post said was that I don’t get it when someone seems to have to read a thermometer to see if they’re too hot or too cold. There’s been lots of talk about how one separate and possibly special thermometer says it’s “so-and-so” in the house, when the house’s thermostat or remote says it’s not quite that. I simply set my equipment to whatever setting it takes to make me comfortable. My body tells me that. But it's been what is purported to be a major problem by not a few in many a thread for a while, now.

I can even understand it if there’s way too many degrees between when the equipment turns off and then turns back on again. It’s a hassle to have to keep tweaking the remote. And I certainly can understand it when the stuff flat out fails. (In fact, I thought I had a major A/C failure, and might have ended up changing the remote system to the CCC that I’m hanging onto. But after minor maintenance, the A/C is working fine.)

IOW, I know what it means when something that is supposed to function doesn’t.

OTOH, (IMHO,) I think I know what it means when hairs are being split and nits are being picked.

That’s all.

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote