View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 07:51 AM   #2
Theunz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18384
I had always thought that these lightweight ball hitches gave up the best part of a traditional fiftwheel hitch, ease of hook up. When I bought my current truck it already had a turnover ball hitch. I decided that instead of removing that hitch and then installing a fiftwheel hitch I'd give the Andersen a try. As Ron said the Andersen and the pullrite 2600 are basically the same. I was pleased to find that with a little neck craning I could see the ball and funnel when hooking. Still not quite as easy as a conventional hitch but close, and much easier than a bumper hitch. The towing experience is wonderful with no more clunking and thunking like my old Reese manual slider. While my Reese broke down into 2 peices, it was still awkward and difficult to lift the frame portion into the high bed of my truck. Why do the beds have to be so tall! While not exactly a one handed job (
Ron must be a little stouter then me) removing and installing the Andersen is a breeze. Hanging the hitch on a wall is nice too, as it saves floor space. I highly recommend this type of hitch, whether a Pullrite or an Andersen, I think you'd be pleased.