View Single Post
Old 08-08-2004, 03:51 PM   #1
GordonR
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1801
Send a message via AIM to GordonR
Eureka Campground, KY

Just spent the weekend at Eureka Campground, Grand Rivers, KY. This is a Corps of Engineers campground on Lake Barclay. It was nearly a disaster, but we’ll probably go back. I made on-line reservations for site 11. How can you go wrong… their reservation site lists 11 as a 90 foot pull through. Even my 3400 should fit. Only two things were left out of the site description; the 45 degree bend half way through the site, and the large oak tree on the edge of the site right on the inside edge of the bend. I have a small scuff mark to scrub off the middle of the bedroom slide, and a very red face as memories from site 11. I did have a recommendation for site 10 from Gene; but it was booked. We ended up is site 26 with a steep downhill back-in. Both 10 and 19 are strong candidates next time. The internal road (one-way) is paved, but narrow. 10 requires a right turn back in, but it ends up just a few feet from the shore with a great view for the Mountain View windows. 19 is a much easier turn to back in. Both will hold the big Montys. Water and 30 amp on the sites. Dump station has a tight turn out.

I’m looking for state park or state forest campground recommendations for the U.P. of MI in September.

Gordon
GordonR is offline   Reply With Quote