View Single Post
Old 06-08-2014, 03:43 AM   #1
steelpony5555
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12096
I will never complain about Texas roads again?????

Well we made the trip to Pa. Trailer held up fine but we did lose 2 hubcaps and the valve on the end of my sewer line. Once we hit Ky and then thru Oh. and Pa. the roads are terrible. Couple times felt like I hit a curb at 60 mph. Gonna check the under carriage today to make sure it's fine. I use to think Texas's roads were bad,,no no no. Truck did fine just don't like the fuel mileage. Got an average of 9.5 mpg. On the flats it was 10 in the hills of Ky and Pa, it went to 9.1. I was very surprised to see it stayed in the 9 mpg range in all the hills. I kept it in 5th gear, unless it was really flat out. Seems it got better mileage there and even on some of the steeper hills it did not shift out of 5th and pulled them fine. Now that is figured using the idiot gauge. It may be actually a little better since I do have over size tires on which probably throws that off a little. According to my wallet it did just about as good as the old truck. Any one on the fence with an older truck looking at newer trucks get it. This new truck is light years ahead of my old one in comfort and performance.... Now I just got to remember to pull off my hubcaps when I come up north lol lol lol
steelpony5555 is offline   Reply With Quote