View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 03:45 AM   #1
GreatWhite
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13339
Introduction From N. Calif

Hi folks, Bill n Barb here. We live in N.Calif in the wine country. Been RV'n since the early 70's.. starting in tents and moving through the gamut to MH's. We currently have a 37' MH and are getting rid if it.. moving back to a 5er. Our prior 5er was a most beautiful and wonderful HitchHiker. On a reasonably thought out move, we traded "up" to the MH. After a number of trips, we decided we made a seriously WRONG move. Part of which was FUEL. The MH only got about 6 MPG whereas towing the HitchHiker, which was over 17K pounds gave me between 11 and 13 MPG.. quite a difference in where and how often we took outings.

Last week we decided to get rid of the MH and found a nice, shorter 5er. The choice was a bit more practical than usual.. opting for something not as high end and a bit more practical in size for the two of us. Our choice is the Montana Mountaineer 295 RKD. Nicely appointed, FFF looks great for us, combining enough "luxury" living space with enough practical storage for our hobbies and "stuff" while on the road.

Barb is a quilter and needs her space for sewing machines, tables, etc and I'm a woodcarver,needing just enough space for my tools.

We are both musical. Barb plays cello and messes with the guitar. I used to play clarinet and guitar.. but, now.. I stick with the ukulele.. It's small and fun.

Oh, and I'm an avid brewer of BEER. Tough to do on the road.. but not tough enough to bring along a case or two of full bottles

Anyhow, we'll be picking up our new beast sometime in the first week of April.. after the prep work is completed. I'll be picking it up out of state due to registration issues so it'll give me a day or two on the road for a trial run, although the dealer is giving us a day in a local campground close to him in order to be in proximity in case some items need adjusting/fixing during the shakedown. Looks like he's arranging two weeks at a local resort along the Russian River for some extra time. All in all, we are excited.

I'm also excited to be part of this MOC community. Looking forward to having some interaction and possibly some 'eyeballs' with you down the road.
GreatWhite is offline   Reply With Quote