View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 12:17 PM   #12
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
They are ST trailer tires and I'm not so much concerned with speed as I am to weight capacity. I usually drive around 65 to 70mph, in all of my previous trailers I had E rated trailers, never had a blow out although I was always vigilant to ensure pressures were at the max and to ensure I parked the trailer on wooden boards when sitting for any length of time along with putting covers on them to prevent sun exposure. and thus all good. From day one I was not comfortable with E rated tires on this big Monty and initially planned on getting new ones in year 2 however I chickened out this summer in Michigan after seeing literally 100 rvs on the side of the road while travelling around. The G's are like stepping into a new world quite frankly. At the pricing I got them for and considering they are commercial truck/trailer tires I'm pretty comfortable heading anywhere now. In 25yrs of towing trailers I had one blow out on a brand new trailer which I attibute to not checking air pressure when I picked it up from the dealer. I drove around 70mph with all of them on the freeways.... btw it was a Goodyear that self distructed on the first trip in February in Michigan on the way to Florida......... so brand is not an issue for me but instead load ratings and ply's and overall construction details.
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote