View Single Post
Old 05-19-2005, 02:11 PM   #4
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
No problem Steve, no insult taken,

I have been thinking about that all afternoon, and I would have to say that I think Al and I both tend to slam the door. Frequently I have 3 yorks in my arms, and I give it a shove with my back end. Al said he thinks he was slamming it a lot too.

If I can get out the door with the yorks in my arms and the wind is not gonna blow it away, and if the 4th york is not acting as if it is gonna bolt out the open door to freedom, I will put the yorks in the playpen and then turn and gently close the door, as you describe.

When we are unloading, with arms full of clothes and books, and food and whatever, then we tend to slam it.

When just he and I go out, we might shut it easier. But, I think we have done a lot of slamming.

We will be paying much closer attention to this in the future. Our prior TT which we had for 14 plus years had 2 doors, both eventually had the slipping glass event. SIGH. But, not in less than 3 years, both lasted well over 10 years before we started having trouble.

I would think that a little kindness and a lot less slamming would be better in the long run.

Carol
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote