View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 06:00 AM   #26
owenwetzel
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3344
Hello Mobilrvn; Let this preacherman tell you about fulltiming. my wife and I own a 2000 Montana 3280. Since April 2004 we have lived in it fulltime 7 days a week year round. At present we have had no serious problems, all minor. Would not change it. All waranties are long gone, no problem, just do preventative maintenance. We are set up at Creekside RV Park Pigeon Forge, TN. Make short trips & back. Have fulltimers insurance through Progressive. Covers all personal belongings,liability,RV,& truck.
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mobilrvn

Went to our first RV show since we've decided to dump the Montana. Keystone and several other mfgrs. aren't being considered by us since they have language in their warranties voiding them if the RV is used for fulltiming.

We would like to know what the legal definition of a fulltimer is. Is it 365 days, 181 days, 60 days, or some other time period a year? Does it mean owning an RV and not a house, too? What if a person is fulltiming for six months, has no house, but intends to buy one? If I take an RV on a three month trip to Alaska, Baja. FL, ME, and but 50,000 hard miles on it, it is covered. But if I take it to FL for six months and NY for six month, then it isn't covered!

Something for you to think about when considering a new rig. I did ask a mfgrs. rep at the show and the best he could come up with is the use the extra water heater would get. Told him that it would be covered by the warranty on the water heater and he had no come back.

I questioned on
owenwetzel is offline   Reply With Quote