View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 06:20 PM   #13
MaxwellD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20704
AC issue resolved

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
This almost sounds like there is an issue in the panel. You accidentally proved both A/C’s work, so wiring to both is also good. If whatever is wrong and tripping the main, I would pull all the breakers out and look at the connectors where they plug into the panel buss. You might also look close at the breaker you replaced for any signs of burning.
You nailed it! My last thread was about replacing a Thedford toilet which I recently did - replaced it with a Dometic with spray hose. When it came to mounting the spray hose holder I pondered the location on the bathroom wall behind the breaker box, but then decided there was probably enough room for the screws - they are about 7/8 inch long. Well I got to thinking about that and the screws were at about the same level and close to being directly behind, that AC breaker. I removed the screws and VOILA! The breaker works fine and the AC is on line! Now I worry that I damaged something with those screws. Is it possible that they just butted up against a metal part of the buss and grounded the one breaker out? Everything else is working fine. What are your thoughts? I also checked out the continuity of the old breaker and it shows to be working ok, so now I have a spare. Thanks for our help!
MaxwellD is offline   Reply With Quote