View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 08:38 AM   #1
MAwolcott
Established Member

M.O.C. #19237
Stoney Creek, Va

DO NOT EVEN BOTHER WITH THIS DUMP!! This has got to be the worst place we ever pulled in to! Just getting to the "resort" was a chore in itself; hair pin turns with obstacles on both corners, extremely narrow roads, just a bad location. When we finally got to the resort, we were put in a spot without sewer; even though I made reservations 90 days out requesting full hookups. I went back to the office and told them about it so they sent me looking to see if I could fit into another spot. The lady at the counter said it would take some work getting into it! We looked; wasn't happening! Even one of the older gentlemen who lives there said no way. And speaking of living there; I'd say 90 percent of the sites were filled with permanent campers. One even had blow up Christmas decorations still up! The roads inside were extremely narrow and turns were cluttered with trees and people's junk! Now the website shows nice, large sites by the lake; but for some reason they didn't put us out there. We would have had better scenery staying in a Walmart parking lot. Needless to say, we did not stay at this dump. We are celebrating our 20th anniversary and wanted somewhere nice. Ended up going farther north to the Harrisonburg KOA. We have seen/stayed in a couple other Coast to Coast resorts; Stoney Creek would be taken off the list if I had a say! We spend good money for these memberships and that place was straight up GHETTO!
MAwolcott is offline   Reply With Quote