View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 12:45 PM   #21
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We have two 80-100lb labs, both are well enough trained that they don't need to be leashed, however we leash them anyway. We walk them several times a day and normally don't have any problems. We have however had a couple. All the dog problems we have had involved little dogs, ankle biters, a.k.a. Kick-a-poos. A lot of them seem to have a complex about being little and get it into their heads that they can kick ass on any dog bigger than them. Under normal circumstances (at home for instance) I would just let the chocolate lab have a snack cause she has attitude and demands respect from any dog. The yellow is more forgiving but I am not. I don't have any dog or bear spray (yet), but I did buy a regular light weight cattle prod at Agri-supply. It works very well on either rude dogs or irate owners. Only had to use it once at home but that was on a mastif with a real bad attitude. It worked very nicely. I guess the point I am trying to make is pet ownership is a privilege not a right and as such we should behave accordingly. I control my dogs and try to follow the rules, so should everybody else.. Dave JMHO
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote