View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Gulf Shores, Alabama

What a day..Made it to Gulf Shores this afternoon, after braving the La. I-10, heavy fog and rain, for 400+ miles from Beaumont, Tx.. After the I-10 La. rockin and rolling ride, I think the DW and I are ready for the meanest bull on the PBR. I swear, I think if I couldn't have hung onto the steering wheel, I would have been launched through the roof of the TV. Saw about 10 cars in the ditch in different places due to the heavy ran and fog. Don't know why, since they were all cars or pickups not towing anything. You would think the average hotrodder would think maybe the road might be slick and the fog might hide that curve. Fortunately, no injuries, just lots of State Troopers.
On the bright side, the Tana must not have noticed the bouncing around, as all the doors and drawers stayed shut, only casualty is the top came loose on the Italian dressing, so no need to shake that baby up. (What a great rig!!!!) We are staying at the Island Retreat RV Park. Have a great site, lots of room in a nice pull-thru on the end of the row. Noticed a couple of other Tanas parked, so will check them out, soon as the weather clears. Now we just have to have a bowl of crawfish etoufee and we will be all set to settle in until the 1st of April. Ya'all take care and enjoy the highways and byeways.
barb and bob
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote