View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 08:41 PM   #20
mobrownies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #886
Lots of good info in the responses here. Ours is the Mountaineer version of the 2955RL, which we were told were the same thing in 04. Anyway, you might want to consider ordering a new trailer and getting it equiped the way you want it instead of the way they have it. For example, we went with the jack knife sofa to avoid having to step over the fold out bed. We also went with tinted glass and the 15,000 BTU AC to avoid having a second AC unit. By the way, the tinted glass is a nice privacy feature as you can't hardly see in the trailer in the daylight.

Everybodies wants and needs are different (which is why there are so many manufacturers and models), but we like our layout as well or better than any we have seen (and boy have we looked at a lot cause that is half the fun). There have been a number of times we wished it was smaller, but never bigger. I am glad that I don't have the extra weight of a bigger rig to haul around and we have enough trouble finding campsites with enough room as it is. Like the car industry, I look for the RV industry to start making smaller trailers.

I can't speak for the new ones, but they seem to be nose heavy. The pin weight on ours was way over the brochure (2,400 vs 1,900#) making it tough to stay within the specs of a 3/4 ton truck.

Good luck and we wish you many moons of happy camping.
mobrownies is offline   Reply With Quote