View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 10:52 PM   #32
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
While I was adding extra foam insulation to the basement area I had the basement wall out and also the convenient center surround cover off. I had three ducts heading from the furnace into separate areas. One went to the main floor duct leading to the bedroom and other areas. The second ran from the furnace to the bathroom floor vent. The third ran towards a hole in the floor behind the wall and was suppose to go into the belly section to heat put some heat into the area of the tanks and the belly. That one was NOT in the hole so I pushed it down into it to get some of the warm air into that area. I also took the 2" duct that was running to the bathroom floor vent and cut it in half and installed an PVC "Y" fitting. I radiator clamped the 2" duct from the furnace to the "Y' and connected the other end to one side of the "Y" for the bathroom. The other part of the "Y" I radiator clamped a piece of rubber under dash ducting from an auto supply business and ran it over to the convenient center to add some heat to that area. I do have the vent hole in the basement wall and if it gets really cold I also carry a small trouble light with a 60 watt heavy duty bulb in it and plug it into the 120 socket in the basement. I keep it away from any thing combustible because that little sucker throws off some good heat to keep the basement warm and some of that heat also goes into the basement behind the wall through that vented hole in the wall.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote