View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 04:21 AM   #7
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
When my shinny new Ford has a problem during the 3 year 36K mile Bumper to Bumper warranty we take it to the Ford dealer not one of the many vendors that build parts for the Ford. We do not say it is the vendors fault not Ford's. Of course any Rv can not be compared with the engineering, design and quality of any truck manufacturer.But why the difference???? Ford also offers a ESP plan which is a extension of the Ford Warranty..not cheap but they are not afraid to offer it...why is that????? The Rv industry Builds a product that satisfies the demands of the average RV user. I am NOT the average RV user and I expect to see more problems (and we have) than the average RV user.We had very few problems (less that 5 total) on our previous 4Rv's when we were average RV users.We knew this when we purchased this RV and there have been no surprises.Not saying we are happy campers...but we are not shocked or surpised. I do not think the Rv inustry will ever build a product to the standards of the few( other than custom builds)
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote