Thread: Stop-overs
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 08:38 PM   #16
lightsout
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24938
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC View Post
What is a 50 gallon transfer flow that you have?

They were referring to a 50 gal aux fuel tank in the bed of the truck that allows you to transfer the fuel to his main fuel tank under the truck. It simply allows you to carry a lot of extra fuel so you do not have to stop for fuel every few hours.

I just installed a 46 gal in my new Ram 3500 SRW Short bed putting me at about 80 Gal total with a 800 mile towing range (actually more like 600-700 miles to allow me to find a fuel stop before empty). Mine from ATI (Aluminum Tank Industries) cost me $700 delivered including everything i needed including optional fuel gauge for the tank and all installation parts.

You need to consider the added weight to your payload though as in my case a I added 46Gal that adds 60lb for the tank and 46gal X 7.1lbs total added weight 386lbs.

But knowing that you can drive all day without even thinking about refueling or looking for a Fuel station you fit in to these tanks are worth every penny.

Note:For those SRW trucks if you were to add a Aux tank it is a good idea to use the Andersen hitch as that will save you 100lb-200lb of hitch weight and make payload more manageable.

https://www.tankandbarrel.com/rectan...nk-p-1223.html

Also installation is easy took me about 2 hours solo.
lightsout is offline   Reply With Quote