View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 04:17 PM   #15
vipermanden
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18510
Sorry for the newbie question, but what is the proper method for draining and cleaning your GW & BW tanks. I have the black water flush system on my 2017 Monty, but still not sure what order I am supposed to do what? I did a 2 day shakedown trip, and in a few days we will be going on a 3 week 2,500 mile trip. On my shakedown trip, I drained the black water tank first, then closed it. Then opened one gray tank and let it drain, and then closed it, and then opened up the other gray water tank and let it drain, hoping to clean out the hose of any black water debris, then closed it. Then I ran the black water tank flush, keeping the valve open to the BW tank for about 5 minutes. That was it. Should I then fill all 3 tanks with some water and the Happy Camper powder to slosh around as I travel to my next stop? Then repeat this procedure at every stop? Or what do all of you suggest? Thanks