View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 12:25 PM   #18
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
OK Guys, here goes.

Thunderman's coach is a 2003. The pump that is in it is a Haldex single rotation pump. On top of the pump is large aluminum block that has two elecro-magnetic coils. Those are the two black "knobs" that have two wires each hooked up to them. The two white wires, one hooked to a spad on each coil, are the grounds. The other two colored wires are positives that are connected to the wall switch inside the coach. That block is a directional valve that those two coils are mounted on.

The pump only turns in one direction. That direction is the same whether you are extending or retracting the rooms. The directional valve is shifting a spool inside that is diverting the flow of fluid to the ends of the hydraulic cylinders that perform the function you are asking the pump to do. Extend or retract the rooms.

If there is a motor or power failure, you will need to use a hand-held drill or screw gun with a 1/4" hex key tightened into the "chuck" of the the drill. Rotating the drill and the motor shaft and using a nine volt battery does the trick. You will need to gently pull the wires of the coil and touch the terminals of the battery to the spads of the coil shifts the spool inside the directional valve. If you need to extend the rooms, touch the battery to the coil on the front and to retract the rooms, touch the battery to the spads on the back. The socket for the motor shaft which accepts the 1/4" hex key is located on the end of the motor smack dead-center. Just pull off the red and silver cover over the hole and with a flashlight, you should see the hex socket on the end of the motor shaft.

Now, since Thunderman was having an issue, we are replacing and up-grading the pump to a Parker bi-rotational pump that is exactly the same pump used in the 2005 Montanas. It elliminates the directional valve and the electronics to operate it. Makes the world a better place! That way, if there is a power interuption to the pump, using the manual-override is simple. Just insert the hex key into the motor shaft socket and rotate the pump in one direction to extend the rooms and the other to retract the rooms.

The thing that everybody needs to remember is, our 866 number is on the tank of the pump. If you are in an emergency situation the number to my desk is 574-537-8900 ext 4303. I am constantly talking to someone on the phone so, you may have to leave a message. I WILL CALL YOU BACK! On weekends and after hours, I have a business cell phone. That number is 574-320-4974. It is with me every waking moment except when I'm in the boy's room, don't you know what I mean.

Now, since I just wrote enough to add the third page to this topic, I'm signing off. Any questions, all you gotta' do is call. If I don't have the answer, I can find someone who does.
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote