View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 10:10 AM   #40
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Fireguy View Post
The stock Montana has a price point and in order to meet that price point Keystone has selected standard equipment that meets their minimum/moderate standards. They offer OEM upgrades but as expected they may put the 5er in a different pricing category. As stated earlier the standard equipment will probably work just fine for most folks. If you are FT you may want more piece of mind and spring for some of those upgrades. Disk brakes is such a no brainer that I believe Keystone has added them to 20th anniversary Legacy package. IS may not sell enough to warrant Keystone offering in the build but for some it has been a well worth addition. We will be going that route and I will take advantage of timing, specials and any other opportunity to purchase at the most advantageous price point for me.

At the Montana's price point I don't think there is a brand that doesn't face the same problem. Jayco, Heartland, GD, etc all have the same challenge to maximize features while keeping the sweet price point. Of cource there is the alternative to move up in price but if you are looking at a 159k 5er I don't think you wind up picking a Montana. That is not a statement on quality comparison but rather an observation based upon price point alone.

I for one don't worry about keeping up with the Jones. If the upgrade is something that makes sense to me and I have a need for it then I am in.
Unfortunately there is zero incentive for dealers to discuss upgrades with a buyer. In fact, salesmen do everything they can to sell you a trailer as is. Last thing they want to do is delay you signing the bottom line and pulling the rig off their lot!

I wish I had discovered MOC before our purchase. There are some many things I would have done differently! First thing I now advise folks who are liking is to join a club for brand they want and do their RESEARCH!
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote