View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 07:42 AM   #18
CADman_KS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25060
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdrago View Post
I wish I could shed light on your really good thought pattern. When DW had finally whittled down our decision to either a 375RES or 3791RD and then all my reading at the Grand Design and Montana forums, I knew my '09 F250 was not going to be in our stable long. She said "I see 250/2500 class trucks all day long pulling same 5r". It was an uphill battle with her to get the new truck! Our pin weight is 3,300# loaded. That's 400 over their book specs. If Ford or Chevy make a 4.1 rear end, you'll get higher pull weight but not pin. If I were you, I would go with the highest payload but make sure you are comparing the same trim packages. Also, clearly look at the gas 2 wheel drive version. They are coming out with a 7.3 liter gasser Ford super duty.
Yeah, that's where I'm going to be with my DW as well.

As for the gasser, I just can't do that. When towing, the diesel pickup will absolutely walk away from that gas motor, AND it will not sound like it is about to blow itself up doing it.

I've owned diesels for a LONG time, even some cars, and at the end of the day, the real difference is that diesels make power effortlessly. We have a gas SUV now (had a diesel SUV before this), and even driving them when not towing is different. The gasser just sounds like it is about to explode when you want it to do work. The diesels just get it done.

Towing is about torque. Has nothing to do with HP. With that being said, the HP of the 7.3 gasser and the 6.7 diesel are not actually that far off, and the diesel is over TWICE on torque. It wouldn't even be a fair fight...
CADman_KS is offline   Reply With Quote