View Single Post
Old 12-10-2019, 07:10 AM   #10
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post

I don't see any Ford 250's listed as 12,100, even on their website. So, how does one get this arrangement?

You will never see a 250/2500 listed/'B' pillar stickered above 10,000 pounds GVW. It's only by actual part numbers that you will find anything above that figure. It took me hours to find the rear springs on a parts list and their capacity. Mine has both the camper and 5er packages. I tow our 5er a bit above the 'legal' limit

I did do a little bit of reading on the 10,000 yesterday, and it seems to me that this only applies to vehicles that are being used for commercial / CDL purposes. BUT, if you buy a 10000 GVW truck, then you're stuck with the payload that comes along with it, as near as I can tell...

In NY State, any vehicle with above a 6K GVW is to be licensed as a commercial vehicle. The reasoning I was given is that it keeps these heavier pickups off the NY City area parkways that only allow automobiles and 150/1500 pockups - but that part may be urban myth. The 6K commercial plate licensing part isn't.

2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote