View Single Post
Old 10-28-2019, 06:16 PM   #7
JJ Getaway

M.O.C. #25213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunz View Post
My Trucks' Better Than Your Truck! What? Waite, how can he say that?
I can say that because my truck is the best available combination for ME!
There is a constant barrage of posts here, and on other forums as well, with members telling others that they need this truck or that truck based only on one criteria. Quotes like, you need the most heavy duty truck available because someday you MIGHT get a bigger trailer, or you need a dually because you MIGHT have have a blowout ( really? When was the last time you had a blowout on your truck) or you have to have a long bed so you can carry more gear, or even, you'll be sorry if you don't get a diesel ( if you don't tow in any mountains do you really have to have 900lbs of torque or an exhaust brake and put up with the high maintenance cost of a diesel?
Let's face it, the reason their is so many different combinations of trucks offered by each of the manufactors is because all of us have different needs and wants from our trucks.
Certainly most, but not all of the current Montanas have enough pin weight to warrant a dually. Remember though, there are many who have older trailers that are perfectly adequate for even a 3/4 ton. I'm a big fan of The Three Bears...To little, To Big, and Just right! My truck is "Just Right" for me, something different may be "Just Right" for you. So, your truck may be better than mine, just not for me!
When someone asks about what truck they should buy let's consider all of THEIR criteria for THEIR needs then offer up the pros and cons of the different configurations without being condensending.
This was interesting as my wife and I have just ordered a new 2020 Montana 3761FL and now we are in the market for a truck. The 5th wheel is 41 feet long and we would like to get a 1 ton diesel, 6.5 foot bed and prefer an SRW so that we have a more user friendly truck to drive around when the trailer is parked. We are thinking a GM 3500 (GMC or Chevrolet), RAM 3500, or a F350. I am concerned about safety in driving in high winds, bad weather, etc. but I am told that the 2019 and 2020 trucks by GM, Ford, and Chrysler that are SRW have increased the towing capacity can handle the loads. Any opinions out there?
JJ Getaway is offline   Reply With Quote