Thread: Washer & Dryer
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 03:29 AM   #43
3pac
Established Member

M.O.C. #1951
Tawna, We are going to purchase a washer and dryer for our Montana. Phil wanted a combo unit (he didn't want to give up all the closet space) but I had heard negative comments regarding the combo units. We attended the Tampa's RV Show in January and I met Sandra E. Jones. She and her husband are the authors of "All the Stuff You Need to Know about RVing."
She is also the author of a book called "Wrinkle-Free RV Laundry Using Your Combination Washer/Dryer Unit." She has a Splendide Dynasty (Model 2100) and experimented for nearly two years to get the results she wanted. I purchased the book (less than $10.00) and talked to Sandra for about 20 minutes asking questions. The book is full of useful information including detergents and softeners, size of loads, time it takes to wash and dry loads, understanding the machine settings, etc. After talking with Sandra and reading her book, I am convinced that a combination unit is the way to go. Like she says, "All RVers know that space in a RV has about the same relative value as beach-front property. To put a stacking washer and dryer in an RV is a wasted use of valuable space." To contact Sandy, e-mail her at laundry@rvstuff.org.
3pac is offline   Reply With Quote