View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 08:34 PM   #1
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
Simple tire, tire age

I am in the market for a set of tires. Simple Tire is mentioned often due to their pricing. They have both a web site and also sell on Ebay. Since I only buy fresh tires, ie: Dot code 90 days or less, I wrote to them and asked if they could verify the Dot date code before purchase. Below is the emails I received. I will be finding a different supplier.

Hello Jim,

We can relate to your concern and would surely take your feedback into consideration. At the moment, it is hardly possible to guarantee a newer DOT.
We would work towards offering newer DOTs in the near future.

Looking forward to serve you soon.

Regards,
Alok

On Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 2:55 AM, J@yahoo.com wrote:

> Thank you for your reply. The tires I am interested in would be used on a 5th wheel trailer. Common understanding among rv folks is that when a tire is 5-7 years old it should be replaced. The rv is used about 4-6 months a year, in my case and when I buy tires they are 90 days or less old per the dot code on the tire. A tire that is 3/4 or 39 weeks old would not be acceptable to me.
> Thanks, I'll find a local supplier that can call the warehouse and verify tire age. To even suggest you might ship a tire that is 4 years old is mind boggling to me. I install a 4 year old tire, a year later it fails, causing $3,000 in damage to the rv, and you want to just replace the tire?
> Might want to spend some time on the rv forums and understand a tire ages when it comes out of the mold. Why you can not recap a tire over 60 months old.
> Thanks again for your reply, Jim
>
> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
> On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 9:39 AM, info@simpletire.com wrote: Hello,
> Thank you for Contacting Simple tire,
> We stock tires which are 3/4 years old Manufacture Date, Which is consider as new Tires. If you see that the Tires are more then 4 yrs old then please do let us know so that we can go ahead send you the Replacement One. And try to get the Tires which are Under 3/4 yrs of Manufacturer's date. While the tire industry (Rubber Manufacturers Association) does not have standard for maximum age of tires, all of our tires are stored inside warehouses which protects them from degradation over time. Additionally, we only ship tires manufactured within the last 4 years as an extra precaution for our customers. We warranty all of our tires from the date of purchase to the first 2/32nds of an inch of tread wear for any manufacturer's defect.
> Kindly feel free to reach out to us for any additional information.
> Regards,
> Philip
> eCommerce support powered by xSellco Helpdesk
> On Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 3:26 PM, J@yahoo.com wrote:
> > Can I verify tire age, DOT on side of tire before I order 5 x 5540993 S637 235/85/16?
> >
> --
> [XSELL_PNO4599FJY9MV]Show more
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote