Thread: Newbie in Texas
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 08:32 AM   #2
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Even if prices rise, would they rise enough to force you to purchase early and lose the interest for your funds gained by waiting? Would the rise be less than the storage of the unit by purchasing early instead of when you need the unit? Would the rise cover the warranty time lost if you purchase early and the unit just SITS while waiting for when you can use it? Is the salesman gonna pay your interest and registration fees if you buy early and it sits until you can use it?

I hate when salesmen do that. It's bogus and a ploy, but a good salesman's job is to get you to pay for something when you don't need it. Stick to your guns, get what you want, and get it when you want it and can use it. In the meantime, you are shopping to become educated about what you want so when it's time for you to buy when YOU want to you will be that much more happy than buying when the salesman wants you to.

This worked for us. I got a great deal at an RV show when we were first looking for our first 5er. But I was "not ready" at the show and they told me the SAME THING (prices are higher). When we finally purchase our Monty 6 months later I was able to get a better equipped rig at the same dealership and when I described the deal and the salesperson's name they mostly honored it but we paid just a little bit higher because it was so much better equipped. We were very happy with our purchase because it was on our timeframe when we could use it immediately.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote