View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 02:06 PM   #40
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Hand View Post
This is always funny to me how everyone needs a DRW truck. I have seen semi trucks on there side from the wind so I guess a DRW truck may not always be the best truck. My SRW truck has never scared me towing in the wind. Mind you my rig is only 13,000#'s but if I were to hit 15,000#/'s then I would go DRW because of hitch weight but that would be the only reason I would need a bigger truck. As far as stable my SRW is just as stable as a DRW.
At 13000 lbs I agree. A DRW is not necessary in many applications. You, yourself, illustrate the point. A properly loaded SRW is virtually as safe as DRW which would not be challenged but the same load. But a SRW simply cannot compete with a DRW that is within it's specs but exceeds those of a SRW... It's just physics. If you don't need DRW... don't get it, if that is your choice. DRW just gives more room and stability and is a good choice too. If you "need" a DRW because of weight or other reasons then only ego will be the reason for opting for a SRW. You usually can't go wrong with more truck than you need.

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote