Thread: Going full time
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 01:08 PM   #19
simsy54

M.O.C. #19576
We (my wife and I) sold our five-bedroom house in June 2016. We travelled in our 2006 Jayco 32 foot bunkhouse travel trailer for 4 months and enjoyed it. We settled down in a local RV park for the fall/winter not knowing that experience. 30% of the spaces in the park are for long-term rental. We also bought an apartment condo as insurance sake but stayed in our travel trailer. 2 of our daughters stayed in the apartment while going to university. Winter came with temperatures that year down to -8 C/17 F and we realized that if we were to continue this life experience, we required a better multi season unit. We found a 2 year old pre-owned Montana 3900FB and gave our other unit to our 3 daughters to use. Since then we haven’t looked back. My wife is experiencing a comradery with in this park she never experienced in our stick and mortar house neighbourhood. When time comes, we hook up and head out on a new adventure. This is a lifestyle we were not aware of fully but as time goes on (3 years so far) we are enjoying it more and more. We got a Montana unit that fortunately had no issues. We did change out the entry stairs, as they were very wobbly with the Mor-Ryde entry stairs and railing along with changing the water tank with a Truma On Demand water heater.
simsy54 is offline   Reply With Quote