Thread: Stuck Slide
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2018, 09:48 AM   #4
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Just one motor to drive the hydraulic pump and the 12vdc valves on the extend or retract manifolds will operate according to what you are trying to do. The orange colored hydraulic hoses are the extend ones and the black hoses are for retract. Since you had a brief movement I don't think you have a valve remaining closed on the retract manifold, but since it has sat for so long, you might want to pull off the wires on the valves...one wire at a time and put it back on before taking off another...just to make sure the valves electric contacts are not corroded. If a valve is stuck shut, no amount of force on the lower portion of that slide will have any effect. You are pushing against a brick wall as the old saying goes. If you do want to push it in, you have to open the valve on the return or retract manifold manually. On the end of the valve, there will be either a knurled know on the end of the valve that turns a quaternary turn or so to open or close it OR there will be an area on the end where you can put an 1/8" Allen wrench to do the same thing. Partial turn to left will open the valve to allow hydraulic fluid to be able to return to the tank from the slide out ram when it is pushed back in. Make sure to close it via a partial turn to the right afterwards. I do not know if there is a separate fuse in line with the thermal breaker on the old trailers. If so, it would be somewhere in between the pump and the thermal breaker and would be a high amp fuse rating like 50 amp. If you don't see one in the wire leading up to the pump assembly, there isn't one.