View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 03:54 PM   #1
speedster100
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17566
Winterizing issue....

So it was a warmish day today, bit of drizzle but a good day I thought to winterize the Monty as we aren't leaving for Florida until November likely ...

So as I have in the past couple of years, drained the hot water tank, low point drains opened, opened valves in bedroom closet to let the system drain.

Closed all the valves I opened, followed the normal process, hooked up hose to jug of RV anti freeze, switch valve to by-pass, switched valve to winterize, went in turned on pump, it picked up but didn't shut off after building pressure.

Went outside and all the pink was running out the water heater drain hole...

So did some checking, changed out the by pass valve as thought perhaps it was passing (cheap plastic crap).

Started pump again and for the second time it pumped all the pink out on the ground...

So I suspect now that perhaps a check valve isn't holding somewhere but no sure where they put the dang things and how easy they are to get at.

Anyone have to change one ? Are they right at the tank.. ?

We have a 2015 3790RD but I suspect they are all pretty much the same... I've given up for the day as I need a beer or two or 4....
speedster100 is offline   Reply With Quote