View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 05:32 AM   #17
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KTManiac

.........We interrupt this program for an important message!.........

[rant]

OK, been having so-so antenna reception of digital channels, so I went to CW to check out the WingMan attachment on sale there. Find out that the antenna that Keystone fitted my (built in Oct. 2009) 5er with is a Winegard Sensar II model. Well, it turns out that this model is not a DTV model. They put digital televisions in the damned trailer with an antenna that is not designed for digital tv?!?! WTH!!!!

They should have fitted it out with the Sensar III unit, which is optimized for enhanced digital reception. Now, Winegard has released the Sensar IV this February, that is supposed to be even better yet.

I can just see the company memo now.....

Keystone warehouse worker:

"Hmmm, we have a boat load of these Sensar II antennae which aren't really good for anything anymore since broadcast television is all digital now. What should we do with these things?"

Keystone bean counter:

"Hey, I know! Let's just put 'em on all of our new trailers anyway. The customers won't know the difference and probably won't figure it out until it's too late for it to be our problem anymore. Yeah, that's it!"

This kind of stuff just chaps my rear-end!

[/rant]

.........Now, we return to our regularly scheduled program.........

I believe you are a victim not of Keystone, but of Winegard. I'd be willing to bet that if you put one of their 'new digital' antennas up against their older models, you'd be hard pressed to see much difference. Of course Winegard would be more than happy to sell you one of their new and 'vastly' improved models.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote