View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 07:57 AM   #7
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by BB_TX

I know it has been discussed ad nauseum, but I still wonder if it is not something about the surface they are installed on rather than the graphics themselves. Those who have had graphics peel and replaced, typically have them peel again. Where those of us lucky enough to have them not peel in the first place go years with no problem.
Maybe some slight difference in the composition of the fiberglass, or the finish on it, or ????
Mine is approaching 6 years old. The side and rear graphics and the front mountain still look great. The only curling at all is in some of the inside corners of the front MONTANA. And that is still fairly minor. I did carefully trim those with a razor blade last summer.
A good friend with an '08 model had his peel, replaced them, and they began to peel again after a little over a year.
At a Goshen rally 2 or 3 years ago, Burlington Graphics told us it was exactly that, a change in the composition of the nosecap material, that caused the graphics to not stay stuck properly. At that time they believed they'd solved the problem. However, our replacement graphics peeled about 3 years after replacement. We got new graphics again for the nose and front part of each side, from Keystone. We paid to have the old removed and new installed just to find out the "new" graphics were a smaller size than the originals. So now we have a shadow around the new graphics because the underlying high gloss finish that had been covered by decals has not faded like the rest of the rig. Fortunately it's not too noticeable. By the way, when Keystone sent those graphics they said they were the last of what they have available for our year. I guess that means we're on our own to find replacement graphics in the future. Pretty sad situation when there has been so much trouble with the graphics on the 2007 models and some later ones.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote