View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 06:59 PM   #6
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Hi Dave & Betsy!

Did Dave C. remember to give a wide berth to the bedroom slide while fetching tools for this job? ....or did you make him wear a helmet?!

We finally made it back home to Oregon today. As soon as we get some decent weather, I will be doing the self adjust brakes, HD shackle kit, and JT stabilizers.

I watched one of the Dexter techs install the brakes and shackle kit on a rig at the Rally. He was very friendly and talkative. So, while he was working, we chatted, and I picked up a lot of pointers. He made it look very easy, so I will soon see if I am a good student ....or not!

Your description is pretty much the way he did it, except he didn't use an old shackle and bolt to drive in the bushing. He just used an old bolt. I like your idea of using the shackle, it makes for a nice handle so as not to hit your thumb with the hammer.

Oh yeah ....thanks for the water filter stand. It was very handy to use on the rest of our trip. No more balancing the filter housing against the stabilizer. Yippee!!!!

Scooter & Sandy said to say "Hey!" to Beau for them.
KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote