View Single Post
Old 03-13-2019, 04:21 AM   #3
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
San Antonio

We always stay at the KOA. Stayed there as a kid for the World Fair (Hemispere 68). We may have stayed there maybe 30 times over the past 40 years during vacations and weekends. We have never had any issues with the electrical system. There was a big flood in October ‘98 and the whole property was 5’ deep. They started rebuilding and have really spent some $$ over the past 4 years or so.

Travelers World is also nice but small and will most likely be filled with snowbirds now. We have driven by and it nice.

In Houston there is a chain of parks owned by Quality RV Resorts and they are all great places. Same corporation built Green Lake recently southeast off I35. It is new and most likely very nice...but if you want to beat the streets and explore SA - the KOA location is central, very easy to get into downtown or anywhere else.

Back when we had kids and were going to Seaworld and 6-flags fiesta - Admiralry RV Resort is out on the west side of town and we had friends that always stayed there and it looks nice.

SA has its moments and spots for bad traffic but for whatever reason it never seems as bad and suffocating as Austin, DFW or Houston. I have to go down there for my job from time to time and no matter if it is for business or pleasure I have never had a bad day in SA.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote