Thread: Chevy vs Dodge
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:27 PM   #18
Sinterior
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9238
Ron, I'm GM loyal, and I can tell you, an '11+ GM/Chevy HD other than looks, and yes I agree it's aging, is a much different beast underneath than your '08.
In 2011 GM greatly beefed up the frame, brakes and suspension, plus added trailer sway control and an exhaust brake on the Duramax.
For a 1 ton SRW, GVWR went from 9900lbs, to 11500lbs, dually went from 11400lbs, to 13000lbs.

I can only speak for myself, but my 0'11 SRW tows Monty generally much better and easier than my 0'6 dually. Driving in windy conditions is hard to judge, but the dually may have been a little better, but its hard to say because of the much bigger tires and the built in sway control of the '11.

IMHO any of the HD trucks are very capable if the weight ratings match the trailer.

I admit the Ram is one good looking truck, the Cummins has proved itself, and the new Ford 6.7 has to prove itself for a few years for me to consider it.
The Duramax/Allison combo is probably the most reliable match since they were new in 2001, other than injector problems in the early ones ( I had an '03 with none) and some overheating issues in the early LLY generation.

To me, the most important thing is not looks, but performance to meet my needs and I have to also like the truck!

Sinterior is offline   Reply With Quote