View Single Post
Old 07-07-2016, 07:58 AM   #1
sapest
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11886
Improving Dometic fridge performance

We have a one door RM 2862, original equipment in our '06 3400RL, set a "3". The cooling unit was replaced with an aftermarket unit about 4 yrs ago. Internal 12V fan blowing on fins. Have confirmed outside fan works as needed. Boiler and absorber temps approx. the same, which I believe means fluid circulation is good. Just before the fluid makes the last bend before entering the external fins at the top of the cooling unit, the tube temp is about 140F. After the fins, about 90F.
The internal fridge temp is about 44F. If I raise the fridge setting to 4, I will see ice forming on the fridge fins,(takes a couple of days) but the fridge temp may drop only one degree.
Before I start looking at baffles, fans etc to improve the cooling unit side of things, I am wondering about the door seals. They are clean, no cracks, and on the dollar bill test, I do get some resistance. The black metal frame that the door seals to is cool to the touch, temps measure about 64/5F all around the door.
My question - is 64/5F normal, or is this the issue?
I don't want to take on replacing the door seal unless I am sure that's the solution.
Any suggestions to improve the seal without replacing it appreciated.
Thx
-Steve
sapest is offline   Reply With Quote