View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 05:03 PM   #4
Neverhome
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18136
I have been using a product called "Lyft" available on Amazon. I found some at a Ocean Depot for $3.00 a bottle compared to around $12.00 at Amazon but it is a hit or miss at these job lot stores. My Monty is peeling all over and where the decals are gone, the glue has attracted a lot of road dust. I found that on a warm day, if you spray the decals and wait five minutes or so, the glue residue with the dirt will scrape right off. The decals that have not lifted can be scrapped from the edges and require more work but will come off. Plastic scrappers do not work. I use a putty knife. At first it appeared the knife was scratching the fiberglass but on closer inspection it was scrapping the residue adhesive and with gently persuasion, it scrapped right down to the fiberglass with no damage to the substrate. It took about thirty minutes to remove the Montana logos from the rear sides, thirty for each side. It does leave a lot of little adhesive balls that will come right off with a pressure washer or soapy sponge. I have lived with this peeling for years and and am relieved I have found a solution. To finish remove all the decals, with the exception of the front cap, which has been done, I estimate about a day or day and a half working at a steady pace. Well worth it for me to make the Monty look presentable.
Neverhome is offline   Reply With Quote