View Single Post
Old 02-23-2014, 11:05 PM   #29
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by paulinbaja

The picture shown at the beginning of this post would render only one of the breakers in the circuit. If the breakers are in SERIES then the breaker with the weakest opening point would open first and the other would never open. If wired in parallel the circuit is then protected at about twice the breaker rating.
Most important, we should never replace a breaker with a rating higher than the Mfg. installed originally. If the units are tripping out either there is an overload problem or the breaker is defective. An overload problem should be traced and properly repaired, a defective breaker should be replaced with one the same as the original. Calculating wire size is only of many considerations when selecting circuit protection. Be safe, replace with the same size as originally installed.
Hi

Agreed but you must take into account that Keystone will at times put the wrong sizes breaker or fuse in the system.

They will also at times install the bladder type “P” traps backwards.

They will also at times install the waste tank probes upside down.

This list could go on for pages.

My trailer came with #8 wiring for the slide power circuit but was protected with a 30 amp inline fuse.

The fuse would blow every time we used the slides and the experts at the selling dealer couldn’t find out what was wrong with the slides.

I got into the front of the trailer at home to find the #8 wiring and the inline fuse. I installed a 50 amp breaker and have not had a slide problem since.

#8 wire is rated for 50 amps.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote