View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 02:37 PM   #8
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Whatever you are told, and like others have mentioned, air bags, Timbrens or anything other suspension assist does NOT increase the weight carrying ability. They only help make the ride more comfortable, prevent the discomfort of too much squat and thereby also improve your headlight aim when nightdriving and your load has not turned your low beams into high beams when under tow or load.

I use Firestone airbags and the only problem I had with them is one of the valves to inflate the air failed with the first two years of ownership. A phone call to the company and they sent me TWO replacements. One to replace the failed valve and an extra in case of a future failure. Many years later and no more failures.

I had an onboard controller installed so that I can inflate/deflate the air bags from the driver's seat. I got them within the first year of buying my truck back in 2006. They are still working fine even after that first failure. I went with Firestone because I couldn't find Air Lift that fit (according to Camping World) and I wanted the air bag inflation flexibility I didn't think I would get with a Timbrens type of system.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote