View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 03:27 PM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
It's gonna be real hot. Two A/Cs will help way better than one, but lots of other things will help. I have only the one A/C and get no better than 10 to 15 cooler than whatever the temp is outside. So do the math on a 110 degree day. But when you get to hot, go outside for a short walk and it will feel like a freezer when you reenter your rig.

Don't wait for the rig to start feeling warm before turning on your A/Cs.. Set to a low temp like 75 in the morning, then both A/Cs will run pretty much all day trying to get the temp down there. Do cover with insulated bubble wrap and keep the windows the blinds down! Try and run the A/Cs with the fan on high or med )not auto)to prevent freezeup of the A/Cs.

Change all the bulbs to LEDs which run cooler. With everything closed up you'll have a tendency to have more light on, which even though not much heat, it will be enough to make a difference. Also consider running small fans on the floor in a couple of rooms to help circulate the cooler air (cooler air drops to the bottom.

Make sure you are connected to 50 amps. Running all this stuff requires lotsa juice.

It's weird chatting about this stuff in the California winter when it's less than 60 degrees outside. Yeah, I know, most of you all are in colder temps.

The good news (what?! there's good news?!), is that unlike the East or Southeast, there's a lot less humidity on the average in Yuma. My experience is that I'd rather be in hotter drier climate, than less hot, but humid climate.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote