View Single Post
Old 11-14-2019, 10:10 AM   #8
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave W View Post
I use 1.5+/- gallons in our 343RL. If it had 2 bathrooms, probably would have used one more gallon.

Make sure the line to the HW heater is blown out before you isolate it - I got at least a surprising pint of water out this year even after draining the system, driving over 100 miles from a CG on bumpy I-87 with all of the drains and faucets open
Never quite understood why someone would want blow out their water lines if they have seen what can come out of a compressed air tank. Sure if you got a good filtered compressor. But then still why ????

I usually go thru about three to four gallons, not a big deal. Not once in 12 year years have I bothered with that water heater, isolate it ,and be done ,nor the black tank flush . JMHO, but it works okay for me. I know many that do it the same way.

For what its worth , I drain the low points , with all valves open. Close all the valves, proceed with pumping antifreeze to each faucet, outside shower, toilet, washer hookups, until running pink, pour some in the traps , and be done .

Just can't see blowing crappy dirty air into those lines if not using a very good filtered compressor, and many of us do not have one of those.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote