View Single Post
Old 11-10-2019, 06:15 AM   #43
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by CADman_KS View Post
One of my winter projects is to build an "extractor" for my tractor bucket so I can take it in and out much easier. I have to load it into the bucket now, and on the ground that's easy, because I just slide it in. But, then in the truck, I have to drag it over the rails (I have one of the first generation models), and get it in place.

I saw this on the B&W website the other day:

https://www.bwtrailerhitches.com/pro...lifting-device

I have an extra kingpin sitting around, so I'm going to make a lifting device out of that for lifting the hitch out of my truck. Hopefully, it makes the entire operation easier. We'll see...
I made one out of a 2" galvanized pipe nipple 6" long with end caps and a large eye bolt. <$10. Hardware store guy thought I was making a pipe bomb ,
I don't have a tractor (though I wish I did) so I bought a portable engine hoist at HF for $99 on sale. I had to make a boom extension to reach the hitch but the lift capacity is 1 ton so you don't loose enough to worry about. I raise it just enough to clear the bed and then drive the truck out from under. I have the OEM puck system so this really helps putting it in as that is much trickier than the old rail system.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote