View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #13
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Ok here's how I managed to drop one. My sister's neighbor came running over and ask me to move his 5er. Construction folks had showed up and he needed it moved now. It was an older Jayco that he wasn't very familiar with, but he didn't tell me that. We were also in a hurry (going out to breakfast before we hooked up and went to the Rally). I hooked it up and moved it to the other side of the barn. He chocked the wheels with the chocks on the wrong side of the tires and then extended the landing gear (he may or may not have done that correctly). I saw the landing gear down and he said the chocks were in place. I pulled the pin on my hitch, the trailer started rolling backward fast enough to roll over the chocks and the landing gear collapsed and the rig dropped on my rails. Lucky for me the Jayco was no Montana and all the damage, except for some white marks on my rails, was confined to the trailer. Had to use my hydraulic jack to raise the trailer off my truck and block it up so they could decide what to do next.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote