View Single Post
Old 06-13-2012, 06:17 PM   #12
seanjackmc
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11166
Thanks so much for all the replies! Your advice is not taken lightly. The only odd part of our trip is that we are leavening in the evening. The idea being our little ones will sleep and my wife and I will do crosswords or a book on the iPod. I never thought to keep some water available for the bathroom breaks. Will do that for sure. My kids love to need to use the potty as soon as we pass a rest stop. Do most rest stops allow you to stay extended periods of time. My wife is going to set up the kids beds which also happens to be the couches in the living room before we leave. so my thought is before I get too tired to pull into a rest stop open the slides transfer kids and then crash for a few hours and finish the trip in the am. Does that sound feasible?
We do have a reservation at holiday travel park in va beach which I confirmed yesterday.
Anyway we are super excited as our the kids. I say it to my friend all the time "although it might seem like a pain in the axx to you spending that kind of time with my family is priceless" memories memories and more memories.
I'll check back here before departure tomorrow if anyone has any last minute advice. I won't push it driving, too much precious cargo.
Thanks again
Sean
seanjackmc is offline   Reply With Quote