Thread: katrina
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2005, 06:30 AM   #1
pud2
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4142
katrina

Just thought i would let everyone know an update on N.O. area. You may be seeing on news but the situaton is not getting any better. The 17th canal levee has a break in it about the size of a football field and is now starting to flood the downtown area and the french quarters. This area did not have any water until the levee break. They are having trouble trying to stop or plug this hole as you can imagine trying to plug a hole the size of a football field with water rushing through it. Also there are mian gas line breaks and fires, the main water system is completely contaiminated. There are hundreds of poeple that are being rescued from there roof tops and some that are still stuck in there attics if they did not have a way to cut their way out too the roof.There are going too be thousands of people without homes and jobs. They will have no means of supporting their families and going too doctors and people with children with no way to get clothes etc. It will be months before any kind of light will be seen. My wife and i are going too take a family in as soon as our power is back on so they do not have too stay in shelter with thir children. That's the lest we can do. After all my LORD said in Matt.25 that we are to feed,clothe,take care of sick etc. for if we have doon it unto them we have done it unto him. I urge you if you can spare anything monitary are even come and been a volenter at at shelter it would be appreciated and that should be sent the the red cross for our area. Thanks for your prayers this is a really bad situation for all. I am so very blessed Because of JESUS.
pud2 is offline   Reply With Quote