View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 11:03 AM   #3
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCampsalot View Post
Yes lyrics from the Who, Im old.

Went to a RV show yesterday and saw a Montana we liked. Well they had that super fantastic "Show Price" that WOW's that new 1st time buyer into signing on the spot. Made a call to my local Montana dealer and guess what? Without even begging he offered me the same exact unit for $7400 less than that better get it now "Show Price".

Moral to this story, go to show to see many brands and models in one place. Do your home work BEFORE going and then shop around. Could be "Show Price" best deal, but do not assume anything.

Oh yea, buying local is your best option. You will avoid that after the sale service night mare.

Sir
Amen on the research!!! I always play at least 3 dealers against each other to get the best price on anything major we purchase (campers, trucks, tractors etc...). Start with the "cash out the door". Get that to the bottom dollar (takes about 2 weeks of haggling) DO NOT MENTION A TRADE TILL AFTER YOU GET THE CASH PRICE!! Then introduce the trade and go thru the haggling with all 3+ vendors again. Once you get the best overall price with trade then once again play the vendors against each other over the financing and go outside of them to your own banks of choice to get the best percentage rate! You have to do all three in sequence in order to end up with the best overall price and best terms on the loan (which is often overlooked by many buyers looking at a shiny new camper). You have to be willing to get up and walk away from any of the dealers/salesmen/finance guys at any time they start to add on additional costs and such. Just walk out, its your money and until you sign the bottom line YOU have the power! Also don't let a $100 worth of lawn chairs cost you $1000 in finance charges! Its called 4 corners and the dealers can stick it too you at any step in the process......You gotta drive it down to a commodity bid process and that takes time and patience.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote