View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 02:49 AM   #1
Force
Established Member

M.O.C. #13423
Finally brought her home!

We finally got our new 2012 Montana High Country 303RK home from the dealer yesterday!

Spent most of the day in the dealers lounge area.( 5 hours)
Long list of repairs I found during the PDI.
Ceiling molding coming off, crack in the framework of the table leaf,linen closet door coming apart, huge separation between the top of the front cap and the rubber roof.(tech said some screws had come loose)They re-screwed it and re-sealed the area.
AC was on full blast during the PDI,and we noticed that the upstairs bedroom was still hot as hell! Barely any air coming from the vents.
(Turns out the sliding plates on the AC were wide open. When closed air flows to bedroom, but not near the volume it should)may need a 2nd AC in bedroom.
Also during the PDI we noticed the hide a bed air mattress and pump were missing.
Dealer is going to order it ,new table and cabinet door for us.
Also had a 2nd battery installed.
Wife also wanted the fabric and paint protectant done. Both I am convinced are a total ripoff.

Pulled it home with my 2011 Dodge 3500 Diesel (single rear wheel) with B&W companion hitch.
I had previously installed the 2 hitch upright bars in the middle holes.
Trailer seemed to pull very well with a small amount of jerking when gaining speed from a stop. I think this is just from the slop where the 5th wheel plate slides over the 2rubber bumpers on the uprights. Front end of tow vehicle also seemd a bit light.
Trailer hitch weight is advertised at 1930# with a trailer dry weight of 9195#.
Dealer had filled the water tank.
Wondering if I should move the companion uprights a bit more forward to get more weight forward? Hitch looks to be centered over rear axle right now.

Everything was going pretty well until I leveled the 5r ,raised the front and started to unhitch.
When I unlatched the 5th wheel, the tire chocks slipped, causing the trailer to roll back about a foot or so smashing my tailgate a bit .(hadn't put it down yet)
I rechocked the wheels,jacked the front back up and managed to get the tailgate down and the truck the hell away from the beast.
Tailgate looks the be repairable, and still closes ok.
Note to self: Always put tailgate down BEFORE unlatching 5th wheel!

I spent a very comfortable night in the trailer last night, what a change from our old Springdale 232!
Force is offline   Reply With Quote