View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 01:50 AM   #5
stungjoe
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14623
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DQDick

Moving tends to be the best option. IMHO outside stereo's are an invention RV's would be better off without.
Places around here are still in pretty high demand. The newest place was filled up within a few days of opening. They even charge on a 28 day cycle so they're getting 13 months of rent per year. That and they're the highest place around and are still full up!

It's their car stereos they have playing. It's not that they're playing it very loud but it's the bass (all about the bass..song now stuck in my head). This place is pretty much all working people that have all kinds of work hours. Most are very respectful of their neighbors.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by 1retired06

I would get like minded neighbors together and inform the manager to fix it or we are moving.
I spoke with the mgr. last night and again this morning. She had already told these people to turn it down due to a few complaints. I know there must be others they were fed up with them last night. But like I mentioned above there's really no place to move to close by and the owner knows he could fill the spot tomorrow. I have to park my big truck at the truck stop nearby so I have a bit of a limitation. I know one of the neighbors that complained (numerous times to the mgr said) and maybe we should pass along our concerns to the owner. The owner is really a pretty nice guy and he's spending a ton of money not only expanding the RV park but putting in cabins/apartments up front. He's pretty stressed about now haha.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jimcol

I've worked off shifts before but never while living in an RV where you can hear everything. Part of working such shifts is realizing the rest of the world seems to conform to more traditional hours. It really sucked when I was trying to sleep when most others were playing, or mowing,or performing household maintenance. As long as the "stay outside and play music" type of crowd are operating within normal guidelines,music at a level that is not offensive to the neighbors with traditional schedules,and observing park quiet hours I don't think you have much of a beef. My solution was better ear plugs. Jim
I hear ya (pun intended). My schedule is not as bad as some so it's not as bad for me as others here. The "park rules" state no loud outside music at any time and no noise after 10PM. Now loud is subjective and I know I have turned into my father when it comes to loud music. What was not an offensive level when I was a teenager is now "You darn kids turn that crap down!"
stungjoe is offline   Reply With Quote