View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 10:33 PM   #17
OzMonties
Established Member

M.O.C. #22325
Stupidity is often confused with Ignorance, but the two like to keep close company!
I generally term ignorance as someone not having the information on a given subject needed to make a decision that has a known outcome, its an unknown unknown.
Stupid though, comes in a few flavours.
Ignorant stupid, is making a poor choice, when you had the ability to research you’re options but instead chose to ‘wing it’, and you screwed up!
Plain old Stupid?
That’s Joe Blogs making the same mistakes over and over again, and expecting a different outcome each time!
As for the ‘no trucks’ or load limits on roads/bridges. Those apply to you the same way a low bridge might.
Know you’re Gross weight of the truck and RV, if you weigh over the posted limit, the road is off limits to you.
Other signage may limit the use of exhaust braking in built up areas, probably doesn’t apply to you though.
As for the stupid questions? As I’ve told many apprentices I’ve trained over the years, there are No stupid questions, just stupid people who didn’t stop and ask the questions to get the information they need to make an informed decision. All of my apprentices still have all of their fingers intact.
OzMonties is offline   Reply With Quote